Introduction to qlikview
Learning Objectives: In this module, you will get an overview of BI Tools and you will be introduced to QlikView. Further you will learn about its features and architecture.
- What is BI?
- Introduction to Visualization
- Different BI Tools
- What is QlikView?
- Features and components of QlikView
- Installation & Navigation
- Data Ingestion
- Report Interface
- QVS, QVW and .log files
- Sheet Objects
- Dimensions and Expressions
- Presentation/ Layout / Sort tabs
- Downloading and Installing QlikView
- Creating a List Box
Learning Objectives: In this module, you will learn the need and different features of scripting. You will learn about script toolbar, adding/editing tabs, variables, fields, joins and keep.
- Need of Scripting
- What is Scripting?
- Script Toolbar
- Script Menu Commands
- QlikView Variables (Set,Let) and Fields
- Creating tabs in the script
- Adding Sheet Objects
- Inline table
- Function in QlikView (Sum, Avg, Count, Date, etc)
- Joins: Inner, Left, Right and Outer
- Understanding Keep command
- Edit Script
- QlikView Operations: Concatenate, If statement
- Create variables, Inline load, Functions and Joins
Learning Objectives: In this module, you will learn about different QV data file types and ways to resolve the synthetic keys and circular reference.
- QlikView Data File Types: QVD, QVX
- System fields
- Star schema
- Synthetic Key Tables
- Circular References & its causes
- Ways to Resolve Synthetic Keys and Circular Reference
- Using Qualify & unqualify
- Link Table
- Concatenation: Forced, Auto, No
- Data Model optimization
- Master Calendar
- Star Schema, Synthetic key, Circular reference
- Concatenation, Qualify & Unqualify
Learning Objectives: In this module, you will learn how to modify the existing data to a new data format. You will learn about different types of loads and tables.
- Generating data in the QlikView Script
- Different Type of Loads
- Incremental load with QVD file
- Column manipulation
- Tables: Rotating, Straight and Pivot, Cross
- Mapping Table
- Security – Section Access and Control
- Preceding load, Resident load & Incremental Load
- Rotating, Pivot, Cross & Mapping Tables
- Security with Section Access
Learning Objectives: In this module, you will learn to analyze the data using set, indirect, and what-if analysis. You will also be learning about some advanced QV operations.
- Set Analysis (Indirect Set Analysis, Identifiers, Modifiers & Operators)
- What-if Analysis
- Comparative Analysis
- Dynamic Reporting or Ad-hoc Reporting.
- Document Channing
- How to select range of Dates
- Information density Subset Ratio and Perfect Key
- AND Mode
- Document Analyzer
- Exception Handling
- Buffer load
- Qlikview cals
- Qlikview sap connector
- Qlikview sales force connector
- Web Connectors
- Conditionally Enabling Dimensions
- What-If Analysis, Comparative & Set Analysis